Translate

Friday, January 28, 2011

Sit a spell, take your shoes off

Here's the painting as I left it yesterday. I'd worked until I could barely lift my arms or put together a coherent sentence but the day just seemed to fly by. At this point I needed some rest and began to wonder how to approach painting  the patterns in the fabric on the chair so I pulled it over next to my work and made a cup of tea.
Today I can't decide whether I'm more interested in sitting in this chair or painting it but moving it opened new possibilities.
There was enough extra space in that corner to display 2 more paintings and that painted chest. I find it easier to take care of the paintings when they're hung, aired and cleaned on a regular basis as opposed to encountering "surprises" when they're in storage.

The benefit of having the chair over where it is now of course is that I still do a lot of crocheting and the light is better over here. Is anyone interested in what I'm crocheting? I try to keep this blog about the painting and gardening but as you may have noticed by by now "my hobbies have hobbies" and we're always doing something creative around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment