Translate

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Learning Polish Folk Art from "junk" mail

I get a few cooking catalogs which as you can imagine is kind of funny considering the fact that I hate to cook and rarely venture into the kitchen (always with disastrous results, but that's another story). Anyway, as I was saying "I get a few cooking catalogs" and love to look at the pottery and china patterns so I began to clip them out and practice drawing and painting some of the patterns on some of my letters and pictures or wooden items I'd been working on.


Yes, I always recycle everything afterwards. The catalogs go in the recycle bin and the pictures I've clipped go into letters and my sketchbooks where they're enjoyed by a number of people in different ways and lead to other projects.



This is going to be fun!



I started trying a few of the designs in colored pencil and will be using this to write a letter on to share my little art project with an elderly aunt. I think you'll find that mail like this makes almost anyone happy and each time I do it I learn a bit more about the designs I'm using so it does us both good.

No comments:

Post a Comment