Translate

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Dala Design tools

I taught a Dala Horse Workshop over the weekend and was able to give the design tools I've been developing a "test drive" to see how helpful they would be in encouraging people to put different design elements together to personalize their own horses.






I'm pleased to report that they worked well and people preferred them to paper instructions.
I'm continuing to refine this idea and I will also be painting some small wooden boxes to store them in and use with them. The beauty of these boxes is that they  provide six more surfaces (top, bottom,sides) to display even more design options.
I'm looking forward to figuring those out, painting  and testing them with another group of people soon.
I love the idea that I may be the first person in hundreds of years to bring something new to Dala Horse painting by making it fun and easy for anyone to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment