Translate

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Sunday in the City Garden

The neighborhood is quiet on the weekend as a lot of people head out of town. It's lovely to have the place more or less to myself with more bird song than traffic noises.

I grabbed my coffee and crocheting and headed out the door to enjoy the morning and beat the heat on a 90+ degree day. The morning was cool and breezy and as it began to warm up we picked lettuce, purple dragon baby carrots and and onion to make salads with for lunch. Dessert was a coffee cake made from the raspberries we picked in the back yard.

A garden gives you good food but more than that, it gives you a sense of accomplishment too.

Tomorrow I plan to get back to drawing and painting the flowers again.

In between all of that I'm also carving and sanding more Dala horses so they'll be ready to paint this winter and I won't have to have sawdust or wood chips in the house anymore.

Later in the day as I was relaxing in the house I finished crocheting that potholder and worked on a hat a bit.

There's something really satisfying about being to make and grow the things I need and takes a bit of pressure off me to sell things to get by.

A little cash would be nice but I'm content either way.


No comments:

Post a Comment