Translate

Friday, February 5, 2016

Recycle and Reuse Fabric Samples


 If you're lucky enough to be able to get some fabric samples from people or shops that do drapery or upholstery there are a lot of things you can do with them.

It sometimes helps to let them know what sorts of things that you need or want to make. Fabrics are discontinued all of the time and this stuff has to go somewhere. Anyone that really likes to sew or hates to see things go to waste is your best bet for someone who will help you with this.

Don't be discouraged if you have to ask around a lot before you find some that you can get. I haven't tried the internet for this but it may be a resource too.



My first step is always to sort them out with the projects that I need to make in mind.

The turquoise and white ones on the top of the chair will be cut up and made into a patchwork panel that I will use to make a pair of valences for my dining room and the blue and white fabrics on the right side of this photo will be made into a pair of tea cozies to go with my Blue and white china. after that I'll be making an assortment of throw pillows and tote bags and of course if there's any fabric left after that I'll think of something to make with that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment