Translate

Thursday, October 29, 2020

93 CENT PAINT! A Fresh Start With New Paints

 Now that I'd used up nearly all of the tube acrylics I'd  had for the last couple of years I was looking for a cheaper alternative and found an amazing deal from Dick Blick. It was a sample set so I was expecting small tubes or packets. After all, what can you expect for 45.00 for 48 tubes? Imagine my surprise when THIS arrived:

I've NEVER had more than a dozen colors on hand at one time in the 53 years that I've been painting so I am "over the moon" at the possibilities.

Here we are at the start of the first painting with these paints. The colors are lighter and the texture a bit thinner than the paints that I am used to working with but on the whole I like them and find them pleasant to use.

I liked it at this point. Nice and fresh and bright but I had a feeling that more texture would be needed to make it marketable. No one likes a starving artist, especially the artist. Although the idea persists that we are above such things but at the end of the day. everyone has bills to deal with it so it's time to chuck the romantic illusions and get real.

I'm calling it finished and attempting to sell it at this point. It's one of my 4 x 6 inch "Pocket Paintings so it will be cheap and should move well. Wish Me Luck!

Are they any good? Only time and use will tell so please follow me along on this journey and,

Paint along with Me,

Julia


1 comment: