Translate

Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Expressionist floral evolution




 Today I thought you might like to go along for the ride as I turn the last odds and ends of my heavy duty acrylic paints into a painting of a vase of flowers while practicing a technique of negative space that creates the vase and flowers by painting around those shapes instead of painting the vase and flowers on top of everything else.








 I often have several paintings going at the same time. The one I'm working with here was going to be part of a series called crossroads.


I never quite know when a painting is going to take a sudden left turn.









I'm continuing to develop the flowers and get ready to finish the painting.


Trying another approach. After many different attempts at painting a background that I liked I decided to collage with materials that referred to the painting.

I chose papers  from drawing workbooks and a garden catalog so that i could slip lots of little messages into the painting to help explain it.


The art page were used in the background and the garden catalog was used on the table area.

I was VERY pleased with the results what do you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment