Translate

Sunday, October 4, 2020

Between projects and thinking of you

 Hello there,

I am sorry that I've been away from you so long this time. It's inexcusable except for the facts that often after painting intensely for a while I find that I'm running on empty and need a certain amount of time to rest and recover.

Once I've gotten a bit of rest and sleep I head to my garden and of course anything can happen there.

The first thing we did was get back to building that large planter box from salvaged building supplies.

Everyone in the garden came to watch.


Except me, this was the view I enjoyed as I tipped my reclining wheelchair back to supervise.

This guy, designed it, built it, insulated, lined it and put siding on the outside of it to match the house.

The reason he insulated it is because Minnesota winters can be unpredictable and I'm growing several special varieties of strawberries in it.


There was also a bit of entertaining. Where better to do it these days than in a garden.

I'll skip listing the number and type of events unless some of you request it. Now, back to the actual garden.

All of the sedum in the front and side yards came from one plant I bought about 15 years ago. It's amazing how much it increases if you divide and move it often. it's an important consideration when choosing and purchasing new plants.


I didn't even wait until the planter was completely finished before I started putting the strawberry seedlings into it. I'm very excited about this project!




The tomatoes were a disappointment and the beets failed but the marigolds did well.

During bad weather there's always drawing or working on the indoor plants. This project started with a favorite garden photo that I took a few years ago.


I did this one with water color but I'm still not happy with the results, each time I  try it, it gets a bit better, as do I. someday it will turn out just the way I want it to, this simply wasn't it


As usual, I do love to spend my spare time "playing" with markers and watercolors  to decorate my letters.


This was a fun project. The image on the left was from a sheet of postage stamp which had it's own adhesive so it was easy to apply to a scrap of water color paper. I did a little gouache painting that I could use as a bookmark if I wanted.


Here's some mail again.



No comments:

Post a Comment