Translate

Monday, January 11, 2021

Lilacs and Memories

 

This painting won't exist for long, so I thought I'd give you a look at it before it goes. 

I had very nearly considered the painting finished at this point and painted it into some sort of Farmhouse or camping background. I have a lot of fond memories of this old coffeepot and I want a reminder as I get older and things begin to slip away.

This is the last photo of it. Through various moves and things over the years some of the parts have gone missing so lately it's been a watering can and a vase out in the garden. There I's usually filled with lilacs, sunflowers, lilies or Iris.

Since there were lilacs in the photo I thought they should be in the painting too.

I had made one attempt before this but felt that the scale was wrong so I will include photos of that as well and let you decide what was the best approach. 


While I was thinking about this painting I thought I'd use it to decorate some of my outgoing mail and got a bit of practice painting leaves and flowers at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment