Translate

Friday, January 1, 2021

Projects from the Scrap Heap

 I'm cleaning up my studio area so that I can get a fresh start at the new year. The question becomes "what do I do with the odds and ends that I don't want to toss?"

The small painting had been used for a floormat design and some others. the horse pattern was left from another project. I was considering combining them to create a unicorn painting to be used on children's merchandise.

I hated to work over that painting so i found the start of another one to paint over. I tried tracing the drawing over it but it didn't turn out so I painted white over the center before I tried again


Now I'm deciding how I want to paint it.


So far it's a mess but I think it's got potential. The great thing about these scrap projects is that you can unleash your creativity without worrying how much it's going to cost you.

 
To make this project fast and easy I decided to paint the unicorn white and hide it behind bushes to save myself the trouble of drawing the rest of the body then all I had to do is paint in a sky,


After that it was just a matter of adding some flowers and painting the mane.


A few more leaves and a bit of outlining finished the look that I was going for.


So far It's being used on Birthday and Get Well cards for little girls. I'm looking forward to find other ways and places to use it.

It sure beats having thrown it out. Don't you think so?

After all you never know where your best ideas will come from.


No comments:

Post a Comment