Translate

Saturday, January 30, 2021

Painting Again

 


This session has been really interesting and appears to be shooting off in a number of different directions. It started with four , 4 x 6 inch canvas panels taped together from the back because I couldn't decide whether I wanted to do one large image or a number of smaller ones. I just set up and dived right in.

As you can see here I kept making changes and trying to resolve those issues. The change I liked the best was getting rid of that white base under the stripe on that vase.




At this point 3 of the canvas panels remained attached together and were being worked as one.






This photo was from early in the project after I had toned the panels and begun applying paints.

This was the first finished version of the vase. I didn't like the way the bottom of of it looked here, or the background.


This is where things began to come together. When this board began to suggest a vase I detached it from the rest and began to work it on it's own.



When I looked at this end of the long one this morning it began to suggest a person so I separated it and began to follow it's path.


I saw a person in there so I tried to develop that.







Here she is? This old gal will be the face of some senior message cards in my greeting card line.

All in all this is the most productive 36 hours that I've spent painting in a long time.


No comments:

Post a Comment