Translate

Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Art Everywhere

It's still raining so as usual there is plenty to do in the studio. Here is another collage in the works and it just didn't seem to be coming together so I pulled out my paint's and as you'll see in the next photo was able to come to a conclusion that finished it off nicely.

 
The main difference here was adding a few more paper embellishments and then painting areas in a more unifying color. Other that all I did was add a lot of leaves and vines to tie it all together.



I'm always surprised at how these collages look when put on curved surface. They really seem to pop.




This organizer was the best thing by far that, my hatband found  for the studio. He got me one for the brushes and one for my pencils. They're only six inches square but they each hold 196 items. The brush holder emptied 3 vases and saved a lot of space on my work table. I'd highly recommend them or any product like that if you are trying to organize your art supplies.


This photo shows all three mugs I've put my work on this month.


This was one of my paintings. I'm sure you've seen it before but I really appreciate it now that I can have my morning coffee out of it and get a close look at it.

This was one of my favorite collages of recent years and my current favorite mug for coffee lately. It's more of a garden theme and the gnome makes me laugh as I sit out in the garden these days.


The next 2 photos are the same mug but are from a 25 year old collage that I had cut down to fit in a storage box. Details of that are in a previous post but the only way to get it all on the bug was to make each side different.

No comments:

Post a Comment