Translate

Sunday, April 18, 2021

The Honeymoon Post - Lettuce Alone

 I'll bet you were wondering what you'd find on this post.

The simple answer was an old joke my Dad used to tell when my Mom was a waitress (and yes, i know how unbelievable this sounds) my Dad was a travelling salesman.

He was always doing things to get her attention so when she'd ask "what do you want to eat?" he'd say "Honeymoon Salad" and when she asked "what is that" he'd reply "lettuce alone" (let us alone).


He used to crush the napkins into the shape of a horse and leave them for her (often in place of a tip)

She must have enjoyed his sense of humor because he kept telling that joke and they were married for over 60 years.

I guess that makes me the punch line.




The one little hydroponic grower that we have
has been producing very well. If I grow lettuce in all 3 spots I can raise enough for salads but lately I've just been growing one and that keeps us in enough for sandwiches and burgers etc.





I even took some time to do a painting of those beautiful leaves.


I grow different varieties from time to time but found leaf lettuces too limp and much prefer the baby romaine that I've been growing lately. It's beautiful, has more body to it and the leaves are just the right size for sandwiches and burgers.

No comments:

Post a Comment