Translate

Saturday, April 3, 2021

Spring Things, Experiments in paint and dirt

 Well, I'm sure that you've noticed that I'm not getting to the computer as much as I used to but the weather has been so nice that I just wanted to get things wrapped up in here and get out in the garden.

The first thing was to take this decades old collage and turn it into two that will fit into my storage box for small work.

After I'd cut an 8 x 10 inch image out all that remained is to made another 8 x 10 inch to go with it out of the scraps.


The first thing that I needed to do was take the left over scraps apart and arrange them on a new piece of watercolor paper before painting between and over them.


I was quite happy with the results and I hope you do too. Especially those of you that buy my work from time to time. This collage is an important ome because it explains the journey between my different types of work over the years.

 
Here is the remaining core of that 25 year old collage.
The other wonderful thing about this is that you can tell my choices of supplies is. Everything has lasted really well and looks as good now as it did back then.


I like the look of it even better on products in my zazzle stores.




There is very little to sat about this one is that it's just fun and doesn't attempt to tell a story or attempt a dialog with the viewer.


Here's are some quick sketches in watercolor, gouache and colored pencil of the sunflower sprouts growing in the pot in the window.


This of course is the hydroponic planter which is currently growing lettuce and strawberries in the living room.


Watercolor sketch of Strawberry leaves.


Ink sketches.


Strawberries and Sunflowers.




EXPERIMENT; Collaging with hand painted papers as a background.

I tore the spriped and floral papers into small pieces and arranged them on top  of the black and white painting.


After that I painted more lines and dots and went wild with my catalog and magazine cut outs.
 

I think this one surprised everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment