Translate

Monday, February 20, 2012

Living Space

 I finished hand quilting this table runner before shifting things around in the house again. The dining room table has gone back to the dining room and my work table is serving as a desk. The sofa is back too. Things change around here to suit the projects that I'm working on.
 We still like doing the computer work on the big TV but it helps having a 19 inch monitor next to the desk as well because we're often working on several projects at once.
 I'm re-working a few furniture pieces and that blue painting in the living room while I get things sorted out and set up to use the dining room as studio space again. A lot of this is seasonal and has to do with making the most of the windows and natural light available. My friends say that they never see the place the same way twice and they're probably right. I'm too "into" my projects to notice.
This little stand had a lot of paper cut outs and things on it along with all that paint. I'm in the process of removing all of that and coming at it with a new approach. No idea for a theme or anything yet but I'm really enjoying the work. Sometimes destroying a piece can be a very intense process-it helps you relax and think. Often the re-imagined piece is better than the first attempt ever was.

No comments:

Post a Comment