Translate

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Looking at other artists

I'm usually so caught up in my own work that I never look at what other people are doing. I had some texts from a good friend that opened up the discussion on various ways to start a portrait and she got me to thinking that I'd better do some research on the subject.
I started by taking an afternoon to look at portrait painting videos on the internet. There are as many different approaches as there are artists but the one I'd love to see more from is Perry Milou. Not only does he have a fresh and interesting way of looking at things but his wide assortment of styles and subjects sparked a lot of ideas  that got me excited about painting again and his presentation really drives the teaching points home.

No comments:

Post a Comment