Translate

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Taking it slow

I just finished another place mat but imagine you're pretty tired of pictures of those. I'm enjoying these. Inside they're stitched by machine but once I turned them out I did the rest of the finishing by hand. A nice hand quilted line both looks and feels different than machine top stitching and I relax and enjoy the process. Not a lot of people understand that and of course not a lot of people understand me either but that's OK and probably to be expected because most creative people think differently from the rest of the world.
Each day there are dozens of things we could be doing and sometimes it's hard to decide where to start. Luckily, it doesn't matter much what I decide. I always have a good day and make something of use to someone.
I've got at least 1/2 dozen paintings in the works right now but I'm trying to focus on the children's portraits because they know they're getting them and their cousin's already got theirs so I don't want to keep them waiting.
I'll take some time to look at some on line portrait painting videos before I grab my brushes and hope for better results today. It's always a struggle when you tackle something new and I don't want to disappoint anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment