Translate

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Courting Inspiration and stepping into the flow




I don't do well with "real" life. When I'm away from my paints I feel awkward, underwater, and unable to swim though or around the obstacles, problems and bills. I can't breathe and know I need to get back to my paints. Some days when I'm not sure where to start I begin with my supplies. As you can see by the first photo, just sharpening my pencils can take quite a while and as I do it I begin to relax and think about the paints and where they'll take me today. All the  other photos are the same canvas panel at various points in the process so you can imagine how surprised I was to see that last one when I stepped away for a while. I'm not sure what I'll do with it (or to it) after I grab a shower and rest up a bit so if you like where it's gone, Stop me now! I'll check for comments before I go back to work.
Well, I wasn't sure what to do with that canvas board so I grabbed a couple of others and just kept working although nothing really emerged from it. I'm looking at it as a start to some backgrounds for this seasons floral paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment