Translate

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Projects, progress and a few random thoughts

I returned those books on Rosemaling and was happy to hear my friend will loan me more of them when I'm ready.
 In the meantime I've brought the big easel in and set up that abstract canvas as a vertical painting which should give me some fresh ideas and perspective on the piece before I fling anymore paint at it.

It was great to discover that in addition to making me apple pancakes for breakfast Dougie had set things up with zazzle, have any of you seen it yet? I guess I'll have to check it out for myself someday soon.
I spent the last couple of days doing a series of drawings on letters and envelopes but dropped them in the mail before I got around to scanning them.
I've also been doing a lot of cleaning and rearranging in the house so I can get all of my projects, equipment and supplies handy without running into anything.
The sleeves on my old denim jacket are still too long so I plan to shorten them and add a bit of embroidery. They've been too long for years but I hadn't done anything about it because they were keeping my hands warm until I got around to making mittens again. There's a rose on the end of the sleeve that I'll need to take a seam ripper to. As I'm doing that I'll decide what sort of design I want to draw on it this time.
It's not exciting news for most of you but it's a nice way to spend a snowy afternoon and you can always go and play the "click to feed the fish" game further down my page so we've all got something to do.
Thanks for stopping by. I'll be posting more photos and things after lunch. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment