Translate

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thinking Outside The Box




The reality for a lot of people these days is that we live in small spaces that need to be multi-purpose and able to multi task. If you have a lot of hobbies there's a good chance that many of your supplies are packed away in boxes. Here's what's up with one of mine. About 15 years ago I had a painted chair in a magazine so when I found all these dollhouse chairs in a dollar store it amused me to start making Christmas ornaments out of them to celebrate the fact. I finished several that year, gave several as gifts and even sold a few before tucking the rest away and moving on to other things. I'm not just sure where these have been all this time but they recently turned up again and I've decided to go back to work on them.
 There are also a number of other interesting things in that box that I'll get around to later. Meanwhile that old Kingston Trio song runs through my mind (something about tiny boxes) and I've gone back to crocheting pot holders...or hot pads...or whatever they're calling them these days. I've just taught 2 more gals how to make them because they're fun, fast, easy and you only have to count the first row so it makes it a great project to start with. As you can see I managed to get it all packed up and put away in time for supper and of course the next project after that...

No comments:

Post a Comment