Translate

Thursday, July 28, 2011

The first finished Still Life in DECADES!!!

The last few days have been more or less a blur as I worked on this painting every day and night but it's exciting to combine objects and challenge myself to do a wider assortment of subjects. I'm not sure whether or not my style or technique are improving but I do know the effort has been good for me in many ways. The flowers are nearly gone now but I've sketched out 2 more paintings that I'd like to start. I may have to resort to photos but I'm hoping not. It's either that or working the backgrounds and waiting until next years garden. I'll let you know which way it goes.



I couldn't fit the whole painting into the scanner so I'll be shooting some photos of it tomorrow when the light is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment