Translate

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Even the woodpecker is at home with the art here

As you may remember we built and painted bird houses last year and as you can see here, The woodpecker has come to do some remodeling this season.

I hate to see all our hard work damaged but it was interesting to watch our feathered friend working so hard and we found it a bit funny that it chose our little house when it's just a few feet away from some really large, old and amazing trees.

Doug took this shot from the living room and it was interesting to see the differences in the light and color between this and the photos I took out in the yard. I managed to get within 4 feet of it before it flew up the tree. We're certified Wildlife Habitat here so most of the birds and animals are used  to having my around and that should allow us to share even better photos with you in the future. I may even base a few paintings on them this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment