Translate

Monday, September 26, 2011

The Return of the Knitting Machine

A good knitting machine never dies (or at least this one hasn't). It's  a Bother  KH-260  that I bought back in the 1980's and haven't had out in about 6 years. I was surprised to see it in perfect working order and just needing to be cleaned off. The only real evidence of age was that the colors of the plastic housing had changed.

As I've mentioned before, the weather has cooled off around here so the first thing I  wanted to do was make some slippers for the family. Of course after all these years I couldn't quite remember how or find my pattern so I was pleased to see that there are a lot of resources for machine knitters on the internet so I was back to work at it in less than an hour and happy to find that I still enjoy it. I guess some things never change.

I generally finish off my slippers with pom poms, bows or buttons to cover the area where they're all gathered together but I was so excited that I couldn't wait to tell you about it and shot this picture anyway.
Thanks for stopping by and why you're here I do have a question. "since some of my posts aren't about gardening or painting, should I start another blog for crafts and fiber art?"

No comments:

Post a Comment