Translate

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Wildlife Habitat and Gardening in the City

The chipmunk was cuter than this squirrel but it moved too fast for me or my camera. The squirrel even jumped back out of the birdbath before I finished shooting my photo.

I love the way the flowers at the corner of my yard look against my neighbors arbor. It's proof that you don't need to live out in the country to find a little beauty to brighten your day.

Well, the backyard is still a mess but even it has a few bright spots like the black eyed Susan's that popped up in  our campfire area. They really surprised me because there's an 18 foot gravel circle out here and I wasn't expecting anything to take root in it.
There's a large, old martin house a few feet away from here that's been full of all sorts of other birds all summer-maybe THEY planted them...

No comments:

Post a Comment