Translate

Friday, August 2, 2013

Gardening on the edge


Before

After I saw this photo I ran right out and bought some hedge trimmers.


I'm making slow progress but feel good about it because one of the local news stations was doing a story on a garden designed by an artist but they had 100 people to put it in and a small staff to maintain it. Here, there's just me, my husband and a few hand tools...and there's more art in mine.


If you've got some physical limitations just be careful, take it slow and remember to stop and rest often. It doesn't have to be a chore, you can really enjoy it and make it fun for others. We serve tea out here every day for anyone that wants to join us and chat about the art or the garden.



We still haven't moved the rest of the soil from that planter we took out yesterday but we don't care, do you?

 We don't have very many wildflowers yet this year in spite of the fact that we put in POUNDS of seed.


Those hedge trimmers worked pretty good but I had to resort to pruners for some of this stuff.


There's still a lot more work to do but I think this is quite an improvement from yesterday. Don't you?

1 comment: