Translate

Monday, April 27, 2015

Curbside Trash to Garden Box and Trellis



Here's how the assembly and painting looked like when it was finished. All that's left now is to install it. Now I'll walk you through the steps that got me to this point.


#1. I always start by looking around to see what I need and what I've got to fill that need with. This time of year my mind is always on the garden so I decided that I needed a trellis. These leaves were part of some broken wall art given to me by a friend who was cleaning her storage space out.


We built this planter several years ago from scrap lumber and salvaged siding. 


Here's a couple of old garden cages and the seat support from an old recliner.


A bit of spray paint and some pieces of an old sculpture should help with it's looks.

 I already consider this a vast improvement and am considering taking things a step further by adding some color to the leaves and flowers.


I wired the leaves, flowers and vines to the base piece before painting it.




Of course there was left over paint to use and as you can see I had a bit of fun with that too.


What I really liked about the whole thing is  the view. I can sit back and enjoy looking at my work from the living room no matter what the weather.

Yes, I'll continue adding flowers to the rails whenever I've got an extra bit of paint handy. It gets a bit more interesting all of the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment