Translate

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Starting my Garden


It's sad to say but this is as far as my garden has gotten this season. We're still waiting for warmer weather and hoping for good things.


I'm experimenting with starting the sunflowers indoors hoping that putting plants out will work better than putting down seed that the birds  always seem to run off with.

Other plants I'm starting are flowers, purple bunching onions that are like a small green onion but purple and purple dragon and atomic red carrots. Just ignore the hosta in the foreground. It was a tiny baby leftover from the ones I was transplanting in the front yard. I'm trying to get some good growth on it before putting it in the new flower bed. I've also got some chives going and will probably keep at least one pot of those in the house for meals.




and some carrots

No comments:

Post a Comment