Translate

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Design Experiments, Repeat Patterns


I'll be loading this little painting to my zazzle store to see how it lines up and if it will work as a repeat pattern. If that experiment works I'll be adding a lot of my designs on top of it to make different patterns. I'm excited by the possibilities.

Speaking of repeat patterns, here's a photo of one of my wrapping papers. Not only did I love my design on this background color. I was very impressed with the weight and the quality of the paper it was printed on. Yes it came from my store
 zazzle.com/julia_art


Now I'm following up by learning all that I can on repeat patterns and methods of creating them from internet videos as well.

So far the challenge for me is creating patterns that meet up perfectly at the seams. Don't laugh, it's harder than you think.


Just before Christmas I redesigned my Sunflower tree but wasn't quite happy with it so here I grabbed my markers and drew in a trunk  a pot and a lot more leaves and branches. I'm sure it could have been accomplished on the computer but it felt really good to get back to pen and paper again.


I also revisited this painting and made some changes.



 I'm liking it much better now that I have reshaped some of the flowers.

I looked back over my old posts and it had been since November 4th before I made these changes so it does help to live with a painting for a while before you decide whether it is really finished or not. It pays not to rush into drastic changes and helps you avoid mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment