Translate

Sunday, January 19, 2020

Inspiration and the Things That Bring You Joy

I'm sure by now that you're wondering why I spend so much time drawing and painting on my mail.



The first reason is that I think creating endless piles of sketchbooks that few but you will ever see or have any use for is a waste.



 The second is that as long as you're going to do all that work you might as well put it to good use. There are lots of people that still appreciate time and effort put into making letters fun and interesting.




 Showing even your bad work lets people know that art is a process and anyone who wants to can tackle it on some level. giving them your best work is like giving them a gift. Over the years various people have even framed some of my cards and scrap booked the envelope drawings so I know they appreciate them.




Doing this inspires me to try subjects outside my comfort level and it also allows me to combine everything I love, good friends, drawing, painting and photography. Especially shots of my garden and the birds at the feeders outside of my window. I can't see a down side to it.

My main point is to find the things that inspire you.  Pick up a pen or paint as often as possible. It makes your life and your world a better place.


Don't wait for it to strike, just get started. I'm sure there is someone who'd love to hear from you today. You may just discover your passion along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment