Translate

Monday, January 27, 2020

Evolution of a Pocket Painting

Here's another project in my series on ART FOR SMALL SPACES.




Miniature Still Life Painting


This started with a celebration of color applied with a small palette knife.



I was inspired by one of my old paintings to try painting a vase and flowers over it. My Favorite cousin gave me this vase decades ago and though the actual vase broke years ago I take it's memory everywhere I go.


The real trick would be whether or not I could paint it about an inch and a half tall and less than half an inch wide. Very tiny brushes were required.


Because I was working so tiny I decides to use daisies this time using the smallest brush I could find. By the time I got to the centers of the flowers I had to paint them in with a toothpick.


Here's the pair of finished paintings together.


I liked it quite a bit at that point but decided to see how far I could push the idea by adding a teapot, cups and saucers. Even more delicate work than painting the vase.



Realizing that all the white of the daisies would throw the balance off. I decided to research what sort of blue flowers that I could add.



I settled on turning some of the daisies into Grecian Wildflowers to balance with all of the blue in the dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment