Translate

Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Can't Escape the Iris Garden

This painting continues to take me on a journey, to improve my painting and drawing skills. To enjoy the process and even the bumps in the road and the challenges along the way.

I pick up here from the white area blocked in for another iris.


I realized that the white area was to large so I took part of it and began to paint it a light purple to prepare for the new Iris.


I liked the way that this seemed to balance the composition a bit more. Also in an effort to balance things more, I turned a rock to the right front of the painting into another red daisy. At this point I was pretty happy with things.




The next big thing was to bring the free standing easel into the house which made things much easier on me for painting but complicates life because it takes up the entire center of the room.



I was told years ago that the painting was too pink so I began to paint over some of the tiny flowers and make those blue.


At this point I began to add details to that 3rd Iris.

I've done a lot more to it since then but was too busy painting to shoot photos of it.

I've added leaves, grasses and five stargazer lilies. I'll grab another photo when I've finished those.






No comments:

Post a Comment