Translate

Sunday, March 15, 2020

Getting Ready For Spring


 The red tulip is blooming again. It's so nice to have a bit of the garden in the house.


I'm also starting some flowers and tomatoes for this years garden in the house.

That daisy has been an amazing source of hope and cheer through the winter. It's bloomed several times and has been fun to draw and paint so it's been a source of inspiration as well.


Some of the seedlings are getting a bit "leggy" stretching too hard to get some light so I'm planning on adding at least one more gro light to this area soon.

Another thing that's been useful was pulling my olds sprouting jar out and starting a mix of radish,broccoli and alfalfa sprouts for salad.

The first batch was quite and experience. I'd forgotten how much they expand and the small amount that covered the bottom of the jar ended up filling TWO whole quart jars by the time it was done!

Oh well, the bunnies were sure happy to get some of the extra sprouts.

Sometimes there's a bit of a learning curve on some of these thing. I hadn't used that sprouting jar since it was trendy to be doing last time around about 30 years around. I've got to say I'm glad I kept it all of this time. They cost about double what I paid for mine "back in the day".

Anything green is welcome over these long, dark winters. Spring will get here but all if this will keep me going until then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment