Translate

Monday, March 23, 2020

Tying One On

Sounds like a good idea, doesn't it but there's no such luck here. The closest thing to a party here are the LED tape lights around my china cabinet and one of the windows. The colors change and we used to use them for parties or just movie night. Now we just run them now and then just to break up the monotony.

What's really going in is two long, narrow paintings that I'm using for necktie designs in my zazzle store. I thought it would be fun to alter them and see how many different colorways I can turn them into. Here are some of the first results.


To do the 2 long paintings I divided an 8 x 10 inch canvas panel down the center so I had 2 long 4 x 10 inch areas to work with.


The first image was the actual image and the 2nd and 3rd were computer altered to give me more colors and images to work with.

This saves on both art materials and time because you end up with 3 images from just one.



The purple here is the painting and the orange is the computer image. I will make more your variations of this when I have more time.


So far I'm quite impressed with the results. What do you think?

Some of these designs made nice neck ties and I used others for scarves and headbands.

1 comment: