Translate

Wednesday, March 4, 2020

More Changes to the Iris Garden Painting


I'll start with this photo which should give you an idea both of the size of the painting and the difficulty there is when trying to work on it without an easel.

I generally end up balancing it against something while hanging on to it with one hand (not easy to do from a wheelchair)



The first change I made this time was with the Iris on the far right side of the painting. It had been peeking out from behind a hosta leaf.

This time I added a petal to the Iris and let it fall across the top of the hosta leaf to give the feeling of a more active and layered garden.


Here I've marked a geranium leaf that I wast to change into the top of an Iris.


Here you see the new Iris blocked out in white paint.


 It will be interesting to see how it changes this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment