Translate

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Inspiration and New Designs


As I've said many times. I just love the mail, it's my favorite part of the day. Aside from some letters to answer I had catalogs and this really caught my attention. 

I had been drawing and painting lots of branches and leaves and it hadn't occurred to me to use them on a doormat design.

Besides that, I had a bottle of tan paint that was drying out and needed to be used so this seemed like the perfect project for it.


At that point I decided to cover it with my favorite sort of vines an flowers instead if following the design in the catalog.


I couldn't quite decide which shades of green to use so I had fun and used them all trying out an assortment detail and liner brushes along the way. some worked better than others but I enjoyed them all.

When it dried shiny, I covered it with mat medium to cut down on the gloss and make it easier to photograph.


This is the finished piece. As you can see before I added the mat glaze that I had painted light veining on the dark leaves and dark veining on the light ones to pull the whole design together.

I plan to start this as a doormat like the catalog inspiration but there is no limit  to what sorts of other products I can put it on besides that.

Maybe a tote bag for the farmers market or the grocery store. Maybe even a bag to keep my garden supplies in (especially the catalogs and the seeds).

Maybe even a scarf or a hat to go with that...or socks...or just about anything. The sky is the limit!

No comments:

Post a Comment