Translate

Thursday, June 28, 2012

A messy garden, weeding and wildflowers

 There are a lot of messy areas in my garden but I started here because the vines had followed the electrical cord to the socket. (Somehow having an old van plugged in for a YEAR (the battery won't hold a charge) was NOT part of my garden plan). I moved 3 planters off this area before I took this picture and then I got busy weeding and cleaning the area out. Now Lucky me can see the reel of  orange electric cord that my husband keeps plugged in here. There are a lot of things you can't control in your garden...
 In the front border the lemon lilies we moved this year are doing well.
 Here's the latest photo of that wildflower border I planted earlier this season.
 Here's another view of that front border.
Yes, that's the hose draped over that bench. The outlet hose on my rain barrel popped off and emptied it so for the first time in YEARS I've had to use city water. We fixed the barrel and I'm hoping I can get back to using it soon. It's more work but a lot cheaper than paying a big water bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment