Translate

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Sunny with a breeze and raspberry jam

The weather improved and I went out to pick more black raspberries. There have been quite a lot of them this week so I decided to make jam. Anyone who knows me would see the humor in this because I haven't even attempted anything like this in about 20 years.

 The old recipe is just equal parts of berries and sugar. You mash the berries with a potato masher and bring them to boiling before adding the sugar, then you just cook it until it thickens.

 I just make tiny batches I'm likely to use right away rather than making a big job of it and having to get out canning supplies. I keep a small amount in the fridge and put the rest in the freezer. I don't plan to keep the stuff in the fridge very long so I don't see a problem with doing it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment