Translate

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Project Updates



















Aside from eating as much of the birdseed as it can get, the squirrel seems to be bothering the strawberries too. So far the only ripe berries were in the tower planter on the other side of the deck and we're not quite sure whether it's the squirrel or the rabbits have been eating those.



We've got these strawberry jars right outside the living room window so that we can keep a close eye on them  in hopes we'll actually get to eat a few berries ourselves.


I turned these horse heads into ornaments by adding screw eyes and a hanging cord to them in hopes of selling them. I've got a dala horse sign that I put out in the yard from time to time to take advantage of all the busy traffic on the street in front of the house. I don't sell very much very often but it's easier and more profitable than taking everything to gift shops and paying commissions on consignments.


I'm sharing a few rosebushes with the rest of the family as we clear out the old rose bed. It's fun to think that they keep coming from the old farm and the gift of one bush 60 years ago,


I haven't quite decided what I'll do with the space next but think letting the soil rest until next year will be a good start and it will also give me a chance to make some long term decisions on that side of the yard.


No comments:

Post a Comment