Translate

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Sunday Bird Watching and other hobbies


It looks like we're getting a positive reaction to the new art work on the bird bath. The cardinal has never used it before in all the years it was green or blue and he ignored it when it was plain white so we were really excited to see him today. Doug shot this photo.





Good Morning!

Yes, I shot this photo from my living room chair. The window screen keeps it from being as clear a photo as I'd like it to be but there was something delicious about being able to sit back and have one more cup of coffee before writing this post. I'll include the other photo and finish up so I can get busy around here.



As I'm doing this, I'm also embroidering a handkerchief for my Mom and sorting through some things on my desk. Yes, I'm easily distracted and anxious to get back out in the garden again.

My first project will be to smooth out the finish on the big patio table  and paint it white. It's a disaster right now because I've been using it as a worktable for painting and carving projects as well as a potting table for transplanting container plants.

Once it's been painted ( I'll start at the legs and go until I run out of paint)
I'll be using it to replace the small tea table in the front garden so that I'll have more room for my guests. I always use a tablecloth for company so If I run out of paint it won't show. (I'm aware of the impact on the environment and try not to use anymore spray paint than I have to. Most of the time I'm just recycling bits of cans that people had left over)

Once that table is taken care of it will be time to get back to my plants before they run away completely. The last rains we had did have them growing like mad and tumbling out of the pots already-I LOVE it! 

I'm off to the garden now,
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment