Translate

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Hardscape


 I love the way the roses in my border dominate this view of my house and ramp.


We're still packing down the gravel on my shortcut to the garden area. This path will eventually be bordered on each side with hosta. As you can see there's a lot of shade in this area which limits the varieties of plants that I can use here. Lucky for me, we've got a LOT of that hosta so the only cost we've got for this project is the gravel.


Eventually we'll be building an arbor and planters to make my little container garden a very separate space from the rest of the driveway. We're also going to address the privacy issue to make it seem a bit more secluded.


Even just as it is it's a nice place to enjoy a cup of coffee or tea and each year it will get better and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment