Translate

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Paint Fast! Everything Changes

People often wonder why I'd spend decades painting flowers and of course the first reason is that they're elusive. it's difficult to catch them at the right moment and just as you think you've got it things change.

We cut an Iris from the garden yesterday to beat the rain and because I thought it would be nice to add it to a floral painting that I started earlier this year. I tried to paint it for a few hours and simply gave up and removed it from the painting.

Here's how it looked last night:


The next morning 3 of the blooms were wide open:


  There's a bit of an old song running through my mind "what a difference a day makes. 24 little hours..." I can't remember the rest of it but it sure seems to apply to the situation, the moment and my mood.


As I'm thinking about all of this, things continue to change, moments pass, opportunities are lost and I'm compelled to get back to my painting before I miss my chance to capture the next image.



No comments:

Post a Comment