Translate

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Setting up for sales with a power wheelchair


Once in a while I'd like to sell off some things I don't need and turn them into cash that I can continue to fund the studio and the garden with. I discovered yesterday that it's easier than I thought, it just takes a few more trips to get everything out to the curb, setting things up and putting it all away again. Just take your time and enjoy the process.

Carrying things with the power wheelchair can be awkward because you have one hand to carry stuff with and the other to drive with. I solved the problem by using TV trays instead of a big table, making an extra trip for the sign and using my wheelchair to push the bin in and out of the house. (just remember not to pack it with too many heavy things). You can do this, you'll just have to keep the cash in a nail apron or other small bag you can wear on yourself or your chair.

Having tried it with a few things I'm working out a plan for displaying paintings and selling those. It appeals to me that I grow the flowers, I paint the flowers and I can sell the paintings to buy more flowers to start the cycle again.

Gardens are all about growth, renewal and hope. We can all use a little more of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment