Translate

Thursday, January 24, 2013

A fresh approach to the Sunflower painting

Sometimes it's easy to over think things. My plan today is just to relax and fall into it. I'm not even going to pick colors. I'm  just going to shake up the paint box and reach in like a prize drawing,  grabbing ten tubes at random and using whatever colors I end up with.



If nothing else I think it will be fun and interesting. Music would be nice too, I still find myself listening to Donovan and The Moody Blues all these decades later because of the way Donovan often mentioned paint colors in the song lyrics. It often helps me when I get stuck and can't decide what I want to reach for next. I'm not sure what it is about the Moody Blues but I've done some of my best work while listening to them.





No comments:

Post a Comment