Translate

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Dala Horses on a painted chest



I've been working on this chest on and off for six years now. It's been my sewing box, my paint box and a number of other things in that time and gets a lot of hard use so each time I add designs or make changes I put a few coats of polyurethane over it. It's well loved and well used so in a way it doesn't really matter whether anyone else likes it or not which really feels good.

You won't find my work in juried shows or galleries. That may be because it's no good or it may just be that I'm enjoying it and don't care what anyone else thinks of it. If it makes me and the people I care about happy that's all that really matters to me.

Yes, I'm chicken-most artist's don't take criticisim well. My theory is that life is already difficult enough for us without letting strangers give us a hard time.

Well, I'm on to the yellow horses. One will get pink roses because the back panel of the box is covered with roses. The inside cover is too so I think that will make all of the other parts of the box "play nice".


No comments:

Post a Comment