Translate

Thursday, February 24, 2022

Combining Different Drawing Techniques: Doodles, Neurographics, and Zentangle

 I haven't done any serious drawing since the early 1990's. What I mean is that it's the last time that I got serious about learning to draw, and draw well. I couldn't cross hatch or stipple properly because I couldn't place things evenly to create the right effect. Eventually I gave it up again and abandoned any attempt at it again. has that ever happened to you?

On the other hand my sister moves swift and surely through it with a machine like precision that amazes me.

Meanwhile I stumble along trying one thing after another hoping to discover why success has eluded me for so many years.

Well, enough of that, on to the drawings:

On this one I had started by doing neurographic art in blue marker and switching to a black pen to try some doodles. I loked some areas better than others.

This is just the star of a mandala that I planned to doodle on the corner of an envelope in my out going mail.

I kept adding bits too it and was wishing that I was a jewelry maker so that I could turn it into a nice broach or pin in enamelwork with some onyx beads. I'd love it!


I also think my friend will enjoy getting it in the mail.

What do  you do with your practice drawings?

No comments:

Post a Comment