Translate

Thursday, February 3, 2022

The Amazing Journey on a Fresh Canvas

 

Yes, this was a plain, white canvas some time ago. there just hasn't been much worth showing you yet.

Most of the changes have been minor as I try to decide which brushes and colors are going to be the best on it.


The liner brush and light blur seem to have made the most impact so far. Don't you think so? Do Keep those comments coming and follow this blog, I think it can help all of us.

Many things can change our minds and moods along the way and I think You'll find this one particularly surprising.


Each new color changed the look of the painting but none of them felt quite right. This was the third painting I'd done in this style and the fire and fun of it has gone by now. i could have put it away and maybe someone would have liked it but my house is small and there was no where to store it so I just painted over it.

This time in one of my old styles and themes. I'm not sure if I want to know what you think about the changes or not. Go ahead and let  me have it. I'm pretty sure I can  handle it.


It was about at this point I began to regret my decision to paint over it.


On the other hand I was glad to know I could still paint sunflowers even though I've had terrible luck trying to grow them. It made the house feel "right" again.



1 comment:

  1. Thank so much RB I spent days on the dewy shimmer in the background until it felt just right to me and I want to assure those of you who have mentioned it to me that I have NO intention of painting over this one. I've put a couple of finish coats on it to protect it an had it put far away from my workplace to keep it safe. Thanks so much for your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete