Translate

Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Drawing Practice

 Welcome Fellow Free Spirits,

It's funny that those of us  that are lucky enough to have homes often find  ourselves complaining that we're feeling cooped up and wanting to get out. It's really silly when you think of it.

In spite of that I was really feeling restless and glad to see that the bright sun was melting enough of the snow and ice that it would be easier to ride my wheelchair around outdoors.

We also went to a favorite restaurant and split a sandwich even that has been a rare pleasure the last couple of years because the pandemic. It's nice to find places open again and be able to afford to go.

This one felt like a real vacation because it's in a log cabin with a stone fireplace like you'd find "up North". It's a nice contrast to everyplace around home.

It's amazing how much it helps to get out once in a while. Even if it's just to pick up your groceries at a different store than usual. I love the produce aisle best because of all of the shapes, smells and colors that can take your mind to faraway places.

For those of us who have been without food in the past, it's a real treat to be able to pick out  what you want and get it. 

I found my self feeling a lot better when I got home and started munching grapes before we even finished putting things away.

As you can imagine I don't have a lot of art to show you today. I just wanted to write anyway and share a bit if the happiness I'm feeling right now.


I've been working on this drawing the last couple of days to blow off steam and improve my sleep it seems to work just fine on the nights when I don't take a sleeping pill. One of my goals is to get to the point when I don't need or want sleeping pills, Wish Me Luck. 

Drawing relaxes me as well or maybe better than writing.

Give it a try and see what you think.

Julia

I've done many more drawings since I started this post so I'll include those here.




One of the drawings is done with marker on an antique art book page that fell out last time I put the book away and the other was on a stained up page of watercolor paper that I decided to doodle on as well. Each effect was unique and gave me more ideas to work with.




The leaf and flower doodles were on a corner of an envelope in my outgoing mail. I usually put stickers om it but had run out for a while.

They're a few new styles I was trying to learn from a tutoral on you tube. I practice them anywhere when I've got some time to kill or a surface that I want to decorate.

No comments:

Post a Comment