Translate

Saturday, February 26, 2022

The Pointless Point

 Hi There,

I'm at that point in my creative cycle again where I need to clean up my workspace, get some rest and recharge my creative batteries before I decide what I want to try next.

Do you find this to be a regular routine for yourself as well? It has been a constant in my life since I was 2 or 3 years old.

I've had a nap and sucked up some media so I should be ready to go again...except for the cleaning up my workspace. How many of you guessed that I haven't done that yet? Yes, you're right and I am reluctantly starting to do that now.



I had put together a small, "how to paint a sailboat kit" for an acquaintance I never saw again. Maybe I should do that and sharpen my skills (I've been carrying it around in my tote bag since late last year).

 It's probably about time that I did something with it. What do you think? If I get too bored with it I can always paint something else over the canvas panel.

Doing the painting was a good chance to practice painting with gouache and I was surprised to find them so much easier to control than painting with acrylic paints. I wish I had discovered that years ago.

Sounds like a win, win. to me.

Meanwhile my lunch is calling to me.

Have a Happy and Creative day,

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment