Translate

Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Doing it Again

 Here I am again building on a small painting. I enjoy it because you can never tell which way they'll go. It's a little adventure and a chance to try different materials and techniques.

It started like this and the first thing I did was put a coat of clear Gesso over it.

Doing that kept the watercolors from soaking through the paper layer and still allowed me to see the sheet music show through.

After that I got out some acrylic paints and added some flowers and vines to pull it together and lead your eye around it. I'm still not happy with it but will take a break for now. I'm wanting to sand it down in places but no one will get me any. It isn't that I want to destroy it. What I'm hoping to do is expose bits of the under layers to see what effect it would have, it's just that no one wants me to do it.




No comments:

Post a Comment