Translate

Monday, February 28, 2022

A Stack of Canvas Paintings on a Chilly Afternoon.

They were all white at the beginning of the session but I rubbed them down with ends of paint tubes to give me some ideas of where to start.


I began a collage on the yellow one and then started to paint over it.




 After that I added the neurographic lines and rounded corners.


 I like the way that the collage shows through in places. the effect would have been nicer and more pronounced if I had covered the collage with gloss medium or clear gesso before painting.

Here's where I left the painting at the end of the day.

Come back tomorrow to see what happens next!


What a difference a day makes. this is brighter and more fun but I should  have just stuck to making a nice collage instead of turning it into this mess. Don't you think so? I always get carried away and beat a painting to death.

Oh well I've gone this far, I might as well ride it out and see where it takes me.

Wish Me Luck!

I've been going around with those canvases for days and haven't really gotten anywhere with them and I've tried about everything I can think of.


I felt that the tiny painting had too much yellow in it. Before changing or adding colors, I decided to see what it looked like in black and white. I liked this version much better.


This painting has been painted over the orange and green one with an elderly woman. I did it last year as a greeting card illustration.




No comments:

Post a Comment